Drawn and Quarterly is a publishing company based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, specializing in comics. It publishes primarily comic books, graphic novels and comic strip collections. The books it publishes are noted for their artistic content, as well as the quality of printing and design. The name of the company is a pun on “drawing”, “quarterly”, and the practice of hanging, drawing and quartering. Initially it specialized in underground and alternative comics, but has since expanded into classic reprints and translations of foreign works. Drawn and Quarterly was the company’s flagship quarterly anthology during the 1990s.
It is currently the most successful and prominent comics publisher in Canada, publishing well-known comic artists such as Lynda Barry, Kate Beaton, Marc Bell, Chester Brown, Daniel Clowes, Guy Delisle, Julie Doucet, Joe Matt, Shigeru Mizuki, Rutu Modan, Joe Sacco, Seth, Yoshihiro Tatsumi, Adrian Tomine and Chris Ware. Drawn & Quarterly has a strong reputation in the comics community and its anthologies have won a number of Harvey Awards.
Drawn and Quarterly will be debuting the following books at the festival:
- My Dirty Dumb Eyes by Lisa Hanawalt
- Co-Mix: A Retrospective of Comics, Graphics, and Scraps by Art Spiegelman
- A User’s Guide To Neglectful Parenting by Guy Delisle
- Animals With Sharpies by Michael Dumontier & Neil Farber
- Paying For It (Softcover) by Chester Brown
- Playboy (Softcover) by Chester Brown
- Nancy vol 4 by John Stanley
- Kitaro by Shigeru Mizuki